Monday, February 20, 2012

Beachcombing

This past weekend here on Andros was breath taking. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, nor a single ripple in the ocean. I simply had to get out of the house and enjoy the day at the beach. I'm not one to just lay out and tan, sp I decided to scout for seashells to pass some time. I constantly need shells for my crafting, so I can never have too many.

I managed to bring home a good amount of treasures in excellent condition. I soak each of my shells in hot water and scrub off any sand, scum, and algea that might be growing on the shell. I don't care to bleach my shells since it fades their natural colors.

While I had them outside to dry, I decided to pull out my camera to take a few pictures of them.



The first photograph I took is called a Lightning Whelk. For the background, I went with a darker shade of neutral wood to help the bright white shell stand out more.
Prints Available Here


This second photograph here is glass I found on the beach. The glass hasn't quite reached the 'seaglass' stage yet, but it has been on the beach long enough for the edges not to be sharp. I went with a wood background again, but this time a lighter wood so the darker glass doesn't blend in too much.
Prints Available Here

The last photograph I am featuring today is made from several different shades of sea urchin, and a piece of wood. I set everything on a mirror this time for a more interesting effect. I plan to experiment  more with mirrored photography in the near future.
Prints Available Here





have a separate shop on Etsy for my photography.

Please make sure to follow me on both Facebook and Pinterest for more information about my products.
 
 
My Etsy Handmade Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...