Monday, May 30, 2011

Call me a dork, but I am so excited about finally starting a blog! For starters, I suppose I should introduce myself. My name is Cassidy Edwards, I live in the Bahamas, and I am a stay at home mom. As a hobby, I craft and sell my products on Etsy. I hope you enjoy browsing!

www.islandjunkie09.etsy.com

I find most of my inspiration from the beach. I also use seashells, sea glass, and driftwood that I pick up right from the shores here in the Bahamas. A great example of my Androsia Flower Hair Clips.

For Sale Here
To make these hair clips, I cut out a flower pattern in Androsia Fabric Scraps. Androsia is a hand batik fabric that the Bahamians make, and the only factory is located here on Androsia Island. After they sew clothes, they bag up their scraps and set them out for sale so they don't waste anything. I like to buy these scraps and use them for my projects, like these hair clips.

I layer tons of the colorful flowers that I have cut out and hand sew them on to a silver hair clip. The way they are layered allows the flowers to fluff out and gives it a cute poofy look.

That just about wraps things up for now. I really enjoyed writing this first post, so I can see this happening quite often! Hope you were interested enough in my product to click a few links! Be sure to check back soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...